JOB LISTINGS FOR AUGUST
Attn. Students: Check out the two new part-time positions listed below!
Attn. Law Firms: Looking for a new attorney? Remember that we can assist you in this area as well. Several qualified attorneys now available. Contact Pam Bennett for more information regarding the Attorney Placement Service.
- Small Downtown OKC firm has an opening for a Legal Assistant for their Personal Injury practice. This person will be working with two attorneys, another legal assistant and a runner. Some PI experience is preferred. Good location, easy access.
- Position available with a small firm on Classen doing Insurance Defense and Subrogation work. Will be working mainly for one attorney. This position pays top dollar for a highly qualified paralegal who can work independently.
- Sonic Corporation, Downtown Oklahoma City is seeking a Paralegal for their legal department. Duties in the areas of Franchise, Contract, Trademark and Litigation. Legal Assistant certificate is preferred, as well as 3+ years of legal experience. Will be working with General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel and other attorneys in the department.
- Position available with Far N.W. OKC firm with Oil & Gas practice. Need to have legal experience but oil and gas is not required. Will be working with two attorneys and includes some secretarial work - transcription.
- Large Downtown Oklahoma City law office has an open position for a Legal Assistant with Litigation experience. This firm pays top salary with great benefits. Will work for two attorneys within the firm.
- Small firm on Classen looking for a mature Legal Secretary to do it all! Practice includes Probate, Estate and Trust work as well as Family Law. Great attorneys to work for, flexible and laid back. Easy access with convenient parking.
- Immediate opening for Legal Secretary with small Downtown firm. Will be working for one attorney mainly. This position includes a lot of transcription. If you like to type, this could be the job for you!
- Mid-size firm in Downtown OKC seeks a Legal Secretary for Insurance Defense/General Litigation practice. Some experience and/or legal training is required as well as good keyboarding skills. A good step up from entry-level!
- Norman firm has a position available for a Legal Secretary to work with one attorney in Workers' Compensation practice. This firm uses Word Perfect mainly. Benefits and retirement included!
- Large Midtown firm seeking a legal secretary in areas of Insurance Defense and Medical Malpractice. This will be working for two attorneys. Great location with easy parking.
ATTENTION PARALEGALS/LEGAL ASSISTANTS/LEGAL SECRETARIES
All Federal Courts require pleadings to be electronically filed.
- Firm in Downtown Oklahoma City seeking a Part-time Courier to work 8-12 on Monday through Friday. Duties will include running errands, deliveries, walking and possibly some lifting.
- Firm near 50th & Lincoln has an opening for a Part-time Receptionist to work 3 to 4 days per week from 8-5. Duties will include answer phones, greeting clients and some light clerical work.
*** PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING FOR RUNNER/COURIER POSITIONS ***
- Most runner positions require the applicant possess a driver's license which is current and in good standing.
- Most runner positions require the applicant have a dependable vehicle with current insurance. Mileage is reimbursed.
- Please apply for these positions only if you are looking for permanent employment (unless stated otherwise).
- Company (not a law firm) in Downtown seeking a Bookkeeper for general duties - A/P, A/R, billing, payroll, etc. Easy parking and beautiful location. Lunch provided too!
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please e-mail your resume to Pam Bennett, OCBA Placement Director, at email@example.com, or fax to (405) 232-2210. If your qualifications fit the firm's requirements, you will be contacted for an initial interview at the OCBA office. Please be prepared to do basic testing when you come to the office, including proofreading, grammar, etc. If possible, please take a typing test online at www.typingtest.com and bring the results with you. You may also be asked to test when you interview with a firm.
Please note: Sometimes e-mails may go to your Spam box. Please be sure to check it for a reply.
DIRECTIONS TO OKLAHOMA COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION OFFICES
Located in downtown Oklahoma City in the Robinson Renaissance Building, Suite 240. The building is on the southwest corner of Park Ave. and Robinson at 119 N. Robinson.
There is metered parking on both sides of Park Ave. and the east side of Robinson, or you may park in one of the parking garages close to our building. The Sheraton Century Center parking garage is on Sheridan between Robinson and Broadway. The Main Street Parking garage is on Main between Robinson and Broadway. Metered parking costs $1.00 for one hour and the parking garages charge $2.00 for the first hour and $1.00/hour after that.
** Please note: Park Ave. between Robinson and Broadway is temporarily closed for construction. This includes the intersection of Park and Robinson.
The Oklahoma County Bar Association Legal Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer. It is firmly committed to treating all employees and applicants for placement with dignity and respect, and to providing equal employment and placement opportunities, based on bona fide job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any basis prohibited by applicable law.