JOB LISTING FOR SUMMER, 2015
Attn. Law Firms: Looking for a new attorney? Remember that we can assist you in this area as well. Several qualified attorneys now available. Contact Pam Bennett for more information regarding the Attorney Placement Service.
- Sonic Corporation, Downtown Oklahoma City is seeking a Paralegal for their legal department. Duties in the areas of Franchise, Contract, Trademark and Litigation. Legal Assistant certificate is preferred, as well as 3+ years of legal experience. Will be working with General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel and other attorneys in the department.
- Position available with Far N.W. OKC firm with Oil & Gas practice. Need to have legal experience but oil and gas is not required. Will be working with two attorneys and includes some secretarial work - transcription.
- Large Downtown Oklahoma City law office has an open position for a Legal Assistant with Litigation experience. This firm pays top salary with great benefits. Will work for two attorneys within the firm.
- Firm on N. Lincoln seeking a paralegal, some work in the areas of tort defense. Nice mid-size firm with a convenient location and great attorneys!
- Oklahoma County District Attorney's office seeking a sharp, motivated paralegal for their Civil Division. Would prefer someone with 2-5 years of experience but will consider someone with less if they have paralegal training. Great benefits with this position.
- Midtown firm looking for a legal secretary for their Insurance Defense practice. This position is entry-level but requires some legal knowledge and good office skills. Receptionist duties are included also. Will be working mainly with one attorney. Great location in Midtown.
- Large Midtown firm seeking a legal secretary in areas of Insurance Defense and Medical Malpractice. This will be working for two attorneys. Great location with easy parking.
ATTENTION PARALEGALS/LEGAL ASSISTANTS/LEGAL SECRETARIES
All Federal Courts now require pleadings to be electronically filed.
Firms who practice in Federal court are requesting employee candidates have this training.
- Firm in Downtown Oklahoma City seeking a Receptionist. Some legal experience would be preferred but will consider entry-level. Need to have good customer service skills and a professional appearance. Duties will consist of answering phones, assisting clients, taking care of incoming mail, filing, coordinating meeting rooms, etc. This firm has their own building - easy parking and access.
*** PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING FOR RUNNER/COURIER POSITIONS ***
- Most runner positions require the applicant possess a driver's license which is current and in good standing.
- Most runner positions require the applicant have a dependable vehicle with current insurance. (Mileage is reimbursed)
- Please apply for these positions only if you are looking for permanent employment (unless stated otherwise).
- Company (not a law firm) in Downtown seeking a Bookkeeper for general duties - A/P, A/R, billing, payroll, etc. Easy parking and beautiful location. Lunch provided too!
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please forward a resume to me at email@example.com, or fax to (405) 232-2210. If your qualifications fit the firm's requirements, I will contact you for an initial interview at my office. Please be prepared to test when you come to the office. I do basic testing in proofreading, grammar, etc. I will also ask you to take a typing test at www.typingtest.com. If you wish, you may do this prior to our interview and bring the results with you. Please note that you may also be asked to test when you interview with a firm.
Please note: Sometimes my e-mails may go to your Spam box. Please be sure to check it for my reply.
DIRECTIONS TO OKLAHOMA COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION OFFICES
Located in downtown Oklahoma City in the Robinson Renaissance Building, Suite 240. The building is on the southwest corner of Park Ave. and Robinson at 119 N. Robinson. There is metered parking on both sides of Park Ave. and the east side of Robinson, or you may park in one of the parking garages close to our building. The Sheraton Century Center parking garage is on Sheridan between Robinson and Broadway. The Main Street Parking garage is on Main between Robinson and Broadway. Metered parking costs $1.00 for one hour and the parking garages charge $3.00 to $4.00 for one hour.
** Please note: Park Ave. between Robinson and Broadway is closed for construction. This includes the intersection of Park and Robinson.
The Oklahoma County Bar Association Legal Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer. It is firmly committed to treating all employees and applicants for placement with dignity and respect, and to providing equal employment and placement opportunities, based on bona fide job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any basis prohibited by applicable law.