AVAILABLE POSITIONS FOR FALL, 2014
- Mid-size firm in Downtown OKC seeking a Legal Assistant with litigation experience. Need to have at least 18 hours of paralegal training. Will be drafting documents and letters, docketing, compiling exhibits, etc. Need to be familiar with federal and appellate courts. Practice includes areas of business, banking, real estate/transactional. Competitive salary and benefits.
- Established firm in El Reno will have opening available for a Paralegal to work in areas of probate, guardianship, oil & gas, real estate and municipal law. This firm will offer a competitive salary.
- Large Downtown firm needs a Paralegal to work mainly with one partner. Heavy litigation, mainly employment law. Need to be familiar with federal court, EEOC.
- Solo Downtown firm seeking a Legal Assistant to work mainly in family law area, some criminal. Will be working with two other legal assistants as well as attorney.
- Downtown firm has an opening for a Legal Assistant, preferably with medical malpractice/liability experience. This firm works mainly with physicians and hospitals. Some PI and products liability work as well.
- Firm in far N.W. OKC/Edmond seeking a Legal Assistant with litigation experience. Need 2-3 years of legal experience. This firm does mainly class-action work. Successful candidate with have strong writing/ communication skills.
- Small firm in Edmond has a temporary position available for a Legal Assistant with PI litigation experience, class-action.
- Large Downtown firm seeking a strong Legal Secretary with litigation experience. This firm offers great benefits and a competitive salary. This is a fast-paced desk.
- Mid-Size firm has an Immediate need for a strong Legal Secretary to work in oil & gas department. Will need to be proficient in TABS as well.
- Small firm in Mid-Town looking for a Legal Secretary/Assistant with 1-2 years experience for a general practice. Great salary for this position!
- ++Legal Secretaries++needed with Workers Compensation experience.
- Small firm in far West Edmond seeks an entry-level Legal Secretary to answer phones, light clerical. Firm practices oil and gas title work, some civil litigation.
ATTENTION PARALEGALS/LEGAL ASSISTANTS/LEGAL SECRETARIES
All Federal Courts now require pleadings to be electronically filed.
Firms who practice in Federal court are requesting employee candidates have this training.
- Downtown firm seeking a File Clerk to work mainly with Legal Secretaries/Assistants. Will perform a variety of office duties which may include some heavy lifting.
*** PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING FOR RUNNER/COURIER POSITIONS ***
- Most runner positions require the applicant possess a driver's license which is current and in good standing.
- Most runner positions require the applicant have a dependable vehicle with current insurance. (Mileage is reimbursed)
- Please apply for these positions only if you are looking for permanent employment (unless stated otherwise).
- Small Downtown firm seeking an Office Manager proficient in TABS. ALSO, needs to have some Legal Assistant experience, familiarity with federal courts/filing.
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please forward a resume to me at email@example.com, or fax to (405) 232-2210. If your qualifications fit the firm's requirements, I will contact you for an initial interview at my office. Please be prepared to test when you come to the office. I do basic testing in proofreading, grammar, etc. I will also ask you to take a typing test at www.typingtest.com. If you wish, you may do this prior to our interview and bring the results with you. Please note that you may also be asked to test when you interview with a firm.
Please note: Sometimes my e-mails may go to your Spam box. Please be sure to check it for my reply.
DIRECTIONS TO OKLAHOMA COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION OFFICES
Located in downtown Oklahoma City in the Robinson Renaissance Building, Suite 240. The building is on the southwest corner of Park Ave. and Robinson at 119 N. Robinson. There is metered parking on both sides of Park Ave. and the east side of Robinson, or you may park in one of the parking garages close to our building. The Sheraton Century Center parking garage is on Sheridan between Robinson and Broadway. The Main Street Parking garage is on Main between Robinson and Broadway. Metered parking costs $1.00 for one hour and the parking garages charge $3.00 to $4.00 for one hour.
** Please note: Harvey between Park Ave. and Robert S. Kerr is closed for construction.
The Oklahoma County Bar Association Legal Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer. It is firmly committed to treating all employees and applicants for placement with dignity and respect, and to providing equal employment and placement opportunities, based on bona fide job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any basis prohibited by applicable law.